Appropriately, next weekend, October 1 & 2, the Dallas Museum of Art is honoring retiring director Bonnie Pitman with a free admission weekend. Sometimes uncomfortably audience-centered for the elite funders who control art museums, Pitman was the Deputy Director from 2000-2007 and The Eugene McDermott Director from 2008-2011, and wrote the book, Ignite the Power of Art: Advancing Visitor Engagement.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015