Public Art San Antonio (PASA) as announced Downtown Storefronts, a new downtown public art exhibit, designed to invigorate vacant storefront properties with local art. After a pilot series of installations along Houston and Commerce streets, PASA is identifying potential properties for upcoming installations, and seeking local artists’ ideas for filling them through an online application form launched yesterday. Funds of up to $2500 depending on size and complexity of the proposal may be allocated for selected projects.
The City’s Office of Historic Preservation is co-sponsoring a reception at PASA Studio (400 North Saint Mary’s Street, suite 101) on September 29, 2011, beginning at 5:30 pm with a walking tour at 6:30 pm. The six local artists participating in the pilot installation series will be leading the tour to the following locations: 314 West Houston (Jessica Ramirez), 124 East Houston (Cathy Cunningham-Little), 132 East Houston (Thomas Cummins), 135 East Commerce (Mat Kubo), 311 East Houston (Kyle Olson), and 311 East Houston (Clay McClure).
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015