Tune in tonight for For the Sake of the Song: the Story of Anderson Fair, episode seven of “The Territory”, the Southwest Alternative Media Project (SWAMP)’s documentary series on the cultural life of Houston. It’s showing on channel 8 at 7pm.
The film tells the compelling story of how the little coffeehouse & restaurant in Montrose was transformed into a unique music institution. Anderson Fair Retail Restaurant has fostered and nurtured some of the most important songwriters in America, including Grammy Award-winning artists Nanci Griffith, Lyle Lovett and Lucinda Williams. Immediately after the broadcast, stay tuned for Lyle Lovett and Friends Anderson Fair Reunion live from the Channel 8 studios.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015