Tune in tonight for For the Sake of the Song: the Story of Anderson Fair, episode seven of “The Territory”, the Southwest Alternative Media Project (SWAMP)’s documentary series on the cultural life of Houston. It’s showing on channel 8 at 7pm.
The film tells the compelling story of how the little coffeehouse & restaurant in Montrose was transformed into a unique music institution. Anderson Fair Retail Restaurant has fostered and nurtured some of the most important songwriters in America, including Grammy Award-winning artists Nanci Griffith, Lyle Lovett and Lucinda Williams. Immediately after the broadcast, stay tuned for Lyle Lovett and Friends Anderson Fair Reunion live from the Channel 8 studios.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015