Dallas video artist and curator Carolyn Sortor is getting married Saturday, and her fiancé Ben’s wedding present to Carolyn is to let her make an art project out of it. A real wedding will take place at the main event, but it’s been designed also to function as art. Guests a/participants are asked to wear white or very pale colors, and everyone with access to a bride’s dress is invited to wear it, too.
Of course, video abounds: projected behind the minister, and onto the backs of the audience (you!), and a new piece shot of the whole shebang. The wedding/performance/screening will take place Saturday, September 17 at 8pm, in the parking lot behind and next to the blue building at 337 Singleton Blvd., Dallas. The wedding performance is expected to take about an hour.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015