Richard Hamilton, the British artist whose widely reproduced collage Just What Is It That Makes Today’s Homes So Different, So Appealing? (1956) is often pointed out as the seed of Pop Art, has died at age 89. The versatile, intellectual, and very British artist’s work was the subject of retrospectives at the Tate Gallery in 1970 and 1992.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015