The community art wing at the suburban Houston Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts has been renamed the Marilyn Morgan Hillery Community Gallery, in honor of the 73-year old artist’s contributions as a founding board member and donor. The gallery displayed Hillery’s art for it’s inaugural show, from July 29-August 7. The Pearl Fincher Museum, which is in partnership with Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts, doesn’t collect, but borrows works from public and private sources to display in the former Barbara Bush library at 6815 Cypresswood Drive in Spring, which was converted and is supported by private donations and runs educational and community outreach programs.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015