The community art wing at the suburban Houston Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts has been renamed the Marilyn Morgan Hillery Community Gallery, in honor of the 73-year old artist’s contributions as a founding board member and donor. The gallery displayed Hillery’s art for it’s inaugural show, from July 29-August 7. The Pearl Fincher Museum, which is in partnership with Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts, doesn’t collect, but borrows works from public and private sources to display in the former Barbara Bush library at 6815 Cypresswood Drive in Spring, which was converted and is supported by private donations and runs educational and community outreach programs.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015