Friday night, September 9, the Dallas Art Dealers’ Association will present this year’s Edith Baker Art Scholarship to a student from the Dallas County Community College District at the McKinney Avenue Contemporary. Art by finalists Taylor Pierre Bryant and Evan Davis of Brookhaven, Isiac Ramirez and Giovanni Gonzalez of Mountain View, Jesus Segovia and Heidi O’Ferrall of North Lake, Holly Lorren of Cedar Valley, Michelle Reyes of El Centro will be exhibited at the reception and through Sept. 10. Friday, Sept. 9, 5–7 p.m.
The Scholarship, created in 2005 for DADA’s 20th anniversary, includes a check for $2,500, a mentorship, an internship and an artist studio visit. The jury for the EBAS was Edith Baker, Maloree Banks, Sue Flynn and Lisa Taylor.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015