Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation recently awarded The University of North Texas Department of Art and Art History a $40,000 grant to fund the “MFA Professional Practices: Staying in the Game” project, an annual seminar that aims to provide UNT graduate art students with the skills to navigate the contemporary art marketplace. The Tremaine Foundation, based in Connecticut, made similar grants to other prestigious art schools: the Maryland Institute College of Art, Ohio State University, Rhode Island School of Design, and the University of Wisconsin‚ Madison.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015