The Art Guys, in association with Hear Our Houston, a project by artist Carrie Schneider that asks people to “Ttake a walk: record your thoughts, observations, stories, memories, and knowledge along the way,” collecting an intimate walking-pace oral history of this car-culture city, have recorded Greens Bayou Street, a twelve-minute tour of a few blistering blocks in the August heat. Both guys record their impressions, sometimes overlapping one another.
Some of Schneider’s recordings are previewed on Rice Design alliance’s blog Offcite, in the “unexpected city” category; narrators have included artists Tierney Malone and Ayanna Jolivet McCloud, writers Kelly Moore and Addie Tsai, Musician Pete Gordon, filmmaker Heather Korb, and others. The Art Guys tour isn’t yet available for download, but is expected soon; the official launch of Hear Our Houston’s library takes place with Project Row Houses Round 35, set for October 15.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015