Frank M. Rodriguez, Director of Finance for the Mexic-Arte Museum in Austin, has been named as the org’s first Managing Director, in charge of operations, budget, planning and “administrative development,” a term which might simply mean administration, or might hint at staff increases to come. Museum Founder and Artistic Director Sylvia Orozco will devote her time to directing exhibitions, education, events, and overseeing the collection, working closely with Program Director Claudia Zapata. The shakeup further professionalizes the 27-year old org, which has recently been recognized by the state legislature as the “Official Mexican and Mexican American Fine Art Museum of Texas,” and is strategizing for future growth.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015