Frank M. Rodriguez, Director of Finance for the Mexic-Arte Museum in Austin, has been named as the org’s first Managing Director, in charge of operations, budget, planning and “administrative development,” a term which might simply mean administration, or might hint at staff increases to come. Museum Founder and Artistic Director Sylvia Orozco will devote her time to directing exhibitions, education, events, and overseeing the collection, working closely with Program Director Claudia Zapata. The shakeup further professionalizes the 27-year old org, which has recently been recognized by the state legislature as the “Official Mexican and Mexican American Fine Art Museum of Texas,” and is strategizing for future growth.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015