Like a rich uncle with bad teeth, the Hunting art prize is back to spread dreams of avarice, politely understated criticism, and dump a truckload of money on some lucky Texas artist. The $50,000 award, sponsored by the international oil services company Hunting PLC is the most generous annual art prize given in North America for painting and drawing.
As usual, entry is via digital image of a single two-dimensional painting or drawing, and the deadline is midnight, November 30.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015