Like a rich uncle with bad teeth, the Hunting art prize is back to spread dreams of avarice, politely understated criticism, and dump a truckload of money on some lucky Texas artist. The $50,000 award, sponsored by the international oil services company Hunting PLC is the most generous annual art prize given in North America for painting and drawing.
As usual, entry is via digital image of a single two-dimensional painting or drawing, and the deadline is midnight, November 30.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015