Amarillo philanthropist Mary Ware water-skied and snorkeled until she was 75 and played tennis for another 10 years after that; she died of natural causes Tuesday at age 89. The first Queen of Amarillo High School in 1939, Ware was a generous donor to many Amarillo institutions, and served as a board member of the Amarillo Symphony Guild and the Amarillo Art Center as well as the starting the Amarillo Museum of Art’s Art Alliance.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015