Amarillo philanthropist Mary Ware water-skied and snorkeled until she was 75 and played tennis for another 10 years after that; she died of natural causes Tuesday at age 89. The first Queen of Amarillo High School in 1939, Ware was a generous donor to many Amarillo institutions, and served as a board member of the Amarillo Symphony Guild and the Amarillo Art Center as well as the starting the Amarillo Museum of Art’s Art Alliance.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015