The Washington Post reports a second art-bashing at the National Gallery of Art by serial art basher Susan Burns, the woman arrested for assaulting Gauguin’s Two Tahitian Women in April. This time, Burns slammed Matisse’s The Plumed Hat against the wall three times, damaging its antique frame. Various thoughtful contextualizations for these bizarre events are listed at the end of the Post piece, including a short history of crazy art attacks.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015