The Washington Post reports a second art-bashing at the National Gallery of Art by serial art basher Susan Burns, the woman arrested for assaulting Gauguin’s Two Tahitian Women in April. This time, Burns slammed Matisse’s The Plumed Hat against the wall three times, damaging its antique frame. Various thoughtful contextualizations for these bizarre events are listed at the end of the Post piece, including a short history of crazy art attacks.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015