A $120,000 grant from the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) will enable the Chinati Foundation to enhance its education, public program, and outreach efforts to benefit Marfa and the surrounding communities. Thanks to the grant, events at Chinati will remain free, efforts at the once hermetic institution to reach a broader, younger and more widespread audience will include lectures, open viewings of the collection, and workshops. If Donald Judd were alive, he’d have to move to a more remote desert!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015