Houston artist Patrick Palmer has been promoted to Faculty Chair/Dean of the Glassell School of Art Studio School and Art History department. Palmer, who has taught classes at the museum school for twenty years, follows the retirement of printmaker Suzanne Manns. Palmer received a BA from the University of California, Santa Barbara, in 1977 and his MFA from Arizona State in 1979, and has been teaching drawing and painting at Glassell since 1992.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015