The Majestic Ranch Arts Foundation, housed on 500-acre ranch southwest of Boerne in the Texas Hill Country, is moving, and needs to de-accession furniture, art supplies, a printing press, books and tools. They’re holding a ranch sale on Saturday August 13, from 10am-4pm at 543 Hwy 46 West Boerne, 78006. The org has mutated: in the 1970’s it began as Majestic Music Hall inc, dedicated to preserving the Majestic Theater in San Antonio, then bought the ranch and became an artist colony, now it’s added an education and empowerment program, and sells mitigation credits to developers who want to save the Golden Cheek Warbler, but not in their own backyards!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015