Part boosterism, part spontaneous arts event, part everyone-wants-a-holiday-in-the-summer, this year’s White Linen Night in the Heights has snowballed (in August!) into a sprawling, quasi-commercial, quasi-community conglomeration of events that now requires a map to navigate! In addition to the scores of local Houston Heights businesses hoping to make an after-hours buck, Fresh Arts Coalition has stuff going on at Fitzgerald’s, G Gallery, Optical Project Koelsch, 18 Hands, Nizza mosaic studio and others all have special events and/or openings, Montrose Art Society will be there, and , of course, the original outdoor arts and crafts market on 19th st. The fun begins at 6pm, but it won’t cool off until 8!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015