Kristina Van Dyke, Curator for Collections and Research at The Menil Collection has been named the new Director of the Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts in St. Louis, MO; she begins work on November 7. At The Menil Collection since 2005, Van Dyke co-managed the Curatorial Department; supervised the Exhibition Department, Archives, and Library; initiated scholarly research projects and worked with the Development Department to raise funds for research and exhibitions. She was also the Menil’s liaison with the Byzantine Fresco Chapel Foundation. She curated Insistent Objects: David Levinthal’s Blackface; Chance Encounters: the Formation of the de Menils’ African Collection; Objects of Devotion; and Body in Fragments, as well as initiating exhibitions and publications on the Oceanic and Byzantine collections. In 2008, she reinstalled the African galleries and published “African Art from the Menil Collection,” and in 2011 she reinstalled the Pacific Islands gallery.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015