Big Tex, the iconic tall Texan that towers over Fair Park in Dallas, was given a new suit of clothes yesterday in preparation for the upcoming Texas State Fair, and Mr. Holga from the Dallas Art News blog happened to be there (news is slow in the summertime). The new shirt, by Dickies, is red white and blue, replacing last year’s yellow and blue, and they had to take his head off to fit it on!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015