Big Tex, the iconic tall Texan that towers over Fair Park in Dallas, was given a new suit of clothes yesterday in preparation for the upcoming Texas State Fair, and Mr. Holga from the Dallas Art News blog happened to be there (news is slow in the summertime). The new shirt, by Dickies, is red white and blue, replacing last year’s yellow and blue, and they had to take his head off to fit it on!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015