Box 13’s Kathryn Kelley will be the first artist in residence at Houston’s Darke gallery this summer. Kelley will have the gallery to use as a studio, along with a small stipend, to create an exhibition that will open in September. August 4, 11, 18 and 25, will be open studio days, when the public can stop in and see the work in progress. In other Darke Gallery news, the gallery will be featuring a solo show of the work of Wendy Wagner at the Houston Fine Art Fair, and has announced a solo show with UNT prof Matthew Bourbon for May 2012.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015