Itinerant, yet New York-based artist and writer Eric Zimmerman, an occasional Glasstire contributor, has been named editor of Fluent Collaborative’s journal . . .might be good, replacing Wendy Vogel, who, after a year-long tenure at the post, has gone off to Künstlerhaus Schloss Balmoral in Bad Ems, Germany to pursue independent projects. A former Austinite, Zimmerman received his MFA from the University of Texas at Austin in 2005, and has regularly shown his meticulous graphite drawings with Art Palace. The first issue under Zimmerman’s editorship will be released on September 2, 2011. He’ll be back in Texas for an installation at the Old Jail Art Center in Albany, TX in September, a side trip from his 2012 residency at the Bemis Center for Contemporary Art in Omaha, Nebraska!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015