Jeanne Clair Van Ryzin of the Austin 360 blog announced an encore performance of “The Trash Project,” choreographer Allison Orr’s weirdly successful 2009 spectacle using trash trucks and City of Austin employees. According to Van Ryzin “Orr wrangled a herd of trash trucks and a couple of dozen sanitation workers into an emotion-filled performance that on reflection still resonates with a kind of quirky profundity” and that Orr and her performers from the city of Austin’s Solid Waste Service Department will return to the tarmac for two shows on Aug. 27 and 28 at 7:30 pm. Reserve your free tickets at www.forkliftdanceworks.org, but hurry! Seating is limited to 2,000 at Austin Studios tarmac, 1901 East 51st St.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015