Workshop Houston is bursting at the seams: the Scholar Shop, Beat Shop, Bike Shop, Chopper Shop, and Style Shop, each focused on nurturing students’ practical and creative skills, have grown organically in the org’s crowded Third Ward space, and rdAGENTS, Rice Design Alliance’s young professional’s group, is sponsoring an all-day charette to brainstorm a plan to maximize the efficiency of Workshop Houston’s current space, and plan for its expansion. On Saturday, August 6, architects, non-architects, designers, individuals with ideas (and the $30 entry fee) will compete at Rice University, School of Architecture’s, Anderson Hall (Building 4) from 8am-4pm to create the ultimate solution. Jurors for the competition will announce the winning designs at a public reception on Monday, August 8.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015