From now until August 30th West Texas-based “multimedia conceptual/sound artist and environmental/social activist” Alyce Santoro is accepting commissions from musicians, designers, architects, collectors to produce personalized, custom-recorded editions of Sonic Fabric, a textile woven from audio cassette tape. Through a new crowdsourcing platform called United States Artists, Alyce is offering to weave 20-yard editions of Sonic Fabric in exchange for tax-deductible contributions towards her larger project, a site-specific Sonic Fabric piece she has been invited to create for the City of Culture, a new cultural center for the Province of Galicia in northwestern Spain this December.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015