SketchCrawl, the latest of a new breed of trademarked “let’s all be individuals together” events spawned by the instant international communications network, is coming to Houston (and everywhere else) on Saturday, July 23. Here’s the deal: everybody gets together at a specific location in their city, sketches whatever’s around, then moves on en masse to another location, and repeats, uploading the resulting drawings to the inevitable website: Sketchcrawl.com. The Houston branch of the event will meet at Inversion Cafe on Montrose Blvd in Houston at 9:30 am; in Dallas, where they’re not afraid of the heat, “around the Farmers market or in that area.” Plein-air artists are like mimes: once in a while, they’re an amusing curiosity, but when they start forming groups, something may have to be done . . .
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015