The Houston Center for Contemporary Craft has signed on three new crew members: artist Miriam Mendoza is the new Education Coordinator, and will manage the center’s artist residency program. New Curatorial Fellow Susie Silbert just completed her master’s degree at Bard, where she focused on craft history. Previously, she was the business manager, archivist and registrar for studio-glass pioneer Mark Peiser. Woodworker and former artist-in-residence at HCCC John Van Domelen will be the new Facilities & Operations Manager. In addition to his work at HCCC, Van Domelen works as a lab tech, grows orchids, and wrangles five cats.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015