Austin’s lone standing arts journalist, Jeanne Claire van Ryzin, reports that Austin’s Blanton Museum of Art is one of seven recipients of grants awarded by the Texas Women for the Arts, a fundraising circle of the Texas Cultural Trust. The Blanton received $30,000 for its Art Central program, an education initiative for at-risk elementary students. The Texas Cultural Trust award a total fo $140,000 to youth arts programs around the state including, among others, Dallas Black Dance Theatre, the San Antonio Symphony and the Lone Star Ballet in Amarillo.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015