In an interview earlier this year, Dallas Contemporary Director Peter Doroshenko cited the Paris’ Palais de Tokyo as a model for his vision of an internationally hooked up art venue. What better way to pursue theat goal than by hiring Florence Ostende, formerly a curator-in-residence at that institution, as the first in a proposed series of international adjunct curators at the Dallas Contemporary? Ostende, is a trans-European independent curator and art writer who studied at the Royal College of Art, writes for French/English based Catalogue art mag, and curated FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, a short collection of new British artists’ films at art space Mains De Oeuvres in the Paris suburbs. Ostende will start work on August 1.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015