Equipped with paint brushes, gardening tools and cleaning supplies, 60 college students will tackle a laundry list of projects to beautify the Creative Arts Center of Dallas on Wednesday. The students, who are participating in the ExxonMobil Community Summer Jobs Program, are swapping their daily internship duties to provide a 180 hour labor blitz, including landscaping, cleaning, organizing and painting. Funded by ExxonMobil Foundation and administered by the Volunteer Center of North Texas, the Community Summer Jobs Program provides eight-week, paid internships to college students at North Texas nonprofit organizations. CAC is one of sixty orgs getting help this year.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015