Adair Margo Fine Art in El Paso is closing again, this time for good, on June 30, 2011. Founded in 1985, Adair Margo Gallery exhibited over 200 individual artists from a dozen countries and hosted over 200 exhibitions of drawing, painting, sculpture, photography and installation. It celebrated its 25th anniversary in December, 2010. Margo will devote her time to promoting muralist and illustrator Tom Lea; she founded the Tom Lea Institute in 2009, which sponsors an annual Tom Lea Month in El Paso and Tom Lea celebrations in other parts of Texas. “Few communities in the world are blessed with an artist like Tom Lea,” Margo said. “I’m looking forward to spending more of my time sharing his legacy.” Paintings by El Paso artist Annabel Livermore will be on view at the gallery until June 30.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015