Patrick Renner’s Window Into Houston installation, the second at Blaffer’s new satellite space in the display windows of the historic Magnolia Ice House and brewery building, is set to open on June 29, and Downtown Houston profiles Jim Petersen, the engineer/developer/ art supporter who donated the space. After major structural renovation, says Petersen, the idea for the project grew out of talks with Blaffer Chief Curator Claudia Schmuckli, who was looking for a satellite space to house Blaffer’s activities during the renovation of it’s UH campus space.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015