OK, so you’ been to Roden Crater, You’ve visited Magee’s Hill, Chinati, Spiral Jetty and all . . .what next? Inventor Danny Hillis, futurist Stewart Brand, musician Brian Eno, Wired editor Kevin Kelly and Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and a cast of West coast dreamers are all involved in the Long Now Foundation, whose project is to build an enormous mechanical clock inside a West Texas mountain near Van Horn that will tick once a day, and chime once a century, if there’s anybody there to listen. If the clock were installed next to a nuclear waste disposal site, it would be sort of like a big oven timer!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015