OK, so you’ been to Roden Crater, You’ve visited Magee’s Hill, Chinati, Spiral Jetty and all . . .what next? Inventor Danny Hillis, futurist Stewart Brand, musician Brian Eno, Wired editor Kevin Kelly and Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and a cast of West coast dreamers are all involved in the Long Now Foundation, whose project is to build an enormous mechanical clock inside a West Texas mountain near Van Horn that will tick once a day, and chime once a century, if there’s anybody there to listen. If the clock were installed next to a nuclear waste disposal site, it would be sort of like a big oven timer!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015