Work begins today on the resurrection of the Mary’s Lounge mural on Westheimer near Montrose in Houston. The painting, which for years identified the iconic Montrose bar as ground zero for the Houston gay scene, has been weathered, papered-over and obscured. The latest project by Cody Ledvina’s Montrose Improvement Bureau is supposed to be finished just in time for the Houston Pride Festival and parade on Saturday, June 25.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015