You can’t please everybody: separate sculptural commissions in Fort Worth and Lubbock are each hitting snags as public wrangling over their content, from both ends of the political spectrum: the Vaquero slated to be installed on Main St. near the historic Stockyards in Fort worth is toting a holstered gun; the iconic “Windy Man” reliefs that once symbolized Lubbock along the Marsha Sharp Freeway are back, after being defaced due to their “paganism.” We have to agree to disagree, or we’ll be left with nothing but Jesus Moroles!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015