You can’t please everybody: separate sculptural commissions in Fort Worth and Lubbock are each hitting snags as public wrangling over their content, from both ends of the political spectrum: the Vaquero slated to be installed on Main St. near the historic Stockyards in Fort worth is toting a holstered gun; the iconic “Windy Man” reliefs that once symbolized Lubbock along the Marsha Sharp Freeway are back, after being defaced due to their “paganism.” We have to agree to disagree, or we’ll be left with nothing but Jesus Moroles!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015