Swamplot reports on an aggressively surveilled fruit trees in Houston’s West university neighborhood. For at least two growing seasons, a yard on Tangley, west of Buffalo Speedway, has posted in-your-face anti-theft warnings to protect its vulnerable street-side trees. There’s something interesting about this. The overkill? Hardly; I doubt all the warnings in the world will be effective against casual poachers. I think it’s James Bond spy glamour of hiding a camera in a fruit tree, combined with the Biblical no-touchee-the-fruit thing. If it isn’t already an art piece, I call dibs!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015