Swamplot reports on an aggressively surveilled fruit trees in Houston’s West university neighborhood. For at least two growing seasons, a yard on Tangley, west of Buffalo Speedway, has posted in-your-face anti-theft warnings to protect its vulnerable street-side trees. There’s something interesting about this. The overkill? Hardly; I doubt all the warnings in the world will be effective against casual poachers. I think it’s James Bond spy glamour of hiding a camera in a fruit tree, combined with the Biblical no-touchee-the-fruit thing. If it isn’t already an art piece, I call dibs!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015