Austin’s new skate park is is having a grand opening at 10am today. The 30,000sf plain of concrete swoops and ramps includes The Iron Wave, a skate-able structure by Austin artist Chris Levack, who also designed the Trilobite shade canopies. Video of the wave and the artist talking about it are online at KUT’s website. The $1.7 million park, designed by Canadian firm New Line Skateparks, is at 1213 Shoal Creek Blvd near House Park Plaza.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015