Austin’s new skate park is is having a grand opening at 10am today. The 30,000sf plain of concrete swoops and ramps includes The Iron Wave, a skate-able structure by Austin artist Chris Levack, who also designed the Trilobite shade canopies. Video of the wave and the artist talking about it are online at KUT’s website. The $1.7 million park, designed by Canadian firm New Line Skateparks, is at 1213 Shoal Creek Blvd near House Park Plaza.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015