Houston artist Karen Brasier-Young’s Fragment/Ornament is a one night architectural intervention at the 1878 First National Bank Building, 2127 Strand at 22nd Street in Galveston. From 5-8pm during the June 11th ArtWalk, Brasier-Young will festoon the historic building with “architectural jewelry” made from discarded construction materials. Damaged by Ike in 2008, the building is the once and future home of the Galveston Arts center (which is sponsoring the intervention).
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015