More on the Association of Art Museum Directors’ new ethical guidelines in today’s Culture Grrl blog on ArtsJournal. Specifically, Lee Rosenbaum highlights the growing number of “one-sponsor” shows funded and with organizational support from a self-interested supporter (Herman Miller at the AMOA) and the growing acceptance of object-rich institutions charging high fees for loans to object-poor ones, as a means of generating revenue (Titan at the MFAH). Both strategies are tempting for institutions strapped for cash and Rosenbaum argues that AAMD ought to try harder to help museums keep themselves on the straight and narrow.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015