Austin artist Shawn Smith’s pixelated wood block sculptures were featured on Wired UK‘s blog last week. In case you missed them , Smith’s digitized vultures were on view at Lawndale Art Center in Houston in 2009, his Fuentes Ficticias sculptures are installed on the 10th floor lawn of The Austonian, and he’s also been selected to participate in the Smithsonian‘s “40 under 40: Craft Futures” show, opening in 2012 at its Renwick Gallery.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015