The Austin Chronicle‘s Robert Faires recounts highlights of the Austin Art Hall of Fame and it’s 25 most recent inductees, Austin art pioneers from way back, chosen by the Austin Critics’ Table last week to fill in the city’s cultural background. His brief profiles of these art heroes is a useful history lesson: German-born sculptor Elisabet Ney, architect Abner Cook, philanthropist Clara Driscoll, painter Everett Spruce, sculptor Charles Umlauf, printmaker Constance Forsyth, photojournalist Russell Lee (1903-1986), and collectors James and Mari Michener, (along with a bunch of worthy musicians and dramatists) were added to the honor roll for their contributions in making Austin art what it is.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015