Fieldwork: Marfa, a researcher-in-residence program organized jointly through three european art schools, ESBA Nantes Métropole, HEAD – Genève, and Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam, will send six visitors to West Texas to practice art in public space, research critical approaches to landscape/borders (a lot of those in Marfa) and artistic projects based on field investigation methods. They’re planning to present the output of their researches via workshops ans symposia both in Marfa and Europe, and a publication. Deadline for applications is July 1!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015