This year, the Austin Critics’ Table Awards ceremony is getting amped up with some extras: Pre-show, at 6:30 Butcher Bear & Charlie will be playing in the Cap City Comedy Club’s bar; then there’s the “Encore Party” with drink specials and music by Atari Matt, then there’s the house band The Invincible Czars (who will begin to play if acceptance speeches go on too long.) The ceremony starts at 7 p.m. June 6, at Cap City Comedy Club, 8120 Research Blvd. The Pre-ceremony, The Ceremony, and Post-ceremony events are all free and open to the public.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015