Art students Madison Ward, Elena Chudoba, Zelda Valverde and Andi Redman were each awarded a $400 US savings bond from the fifth annual Goss-Michael Foundation Student Art Contest. Kathe Fishburn received a $650 bond as best in show. Juror Peter Doroshenko of the Dallas Contemporary chose the five from among students of art teacher David Mason at Mansfield’s Legacy High School. Aimed at supporting and encouraging the artistic experience of students in Dallas/Fort Worth, this year’s award theme was “saturate”: contestants were free to choose their own subject matter and medium but were required to create a work of art that illustrated the progression of color from high to low saturation.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015