Apparently June 2 is the day the music stops in the constant game of curatorial musical chairs. The Contemporary Arts Museum Houston has named Dean Daderko as its new Curator, filling the spot once held by Dana Friis-Hansen! Currently an independent curator based in New York, Daderko has organized shows in far-flung spots like Buenos Aires, Montreal, and Vilnius, as well as some of NY’s alternative art spaces, including Art in General, Artists’ Space, Visual AIDS at La MaMa La Galleria, and The Kitchen. From 2000 to 2005, Daderko operated Parlour Projects, a non-commercial exhibition space in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. He also makes his own kimchi and will be looking for a Korean grocery store in Houston .
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015