James Magee, TX Biennial artist and creator of The Hill outside of El Paso, discusses his project in biblical terms with Jerome Weeks of KERA’s Art and Seek in today’s ArtsJournal featured video. Magee admits he likes the smell of steel, that “I don’t think art must necessarily communicate with a viewer,” and recites a short poem! The clip was filmed in conjunction with last Magee’s show at the Nasher Sculpture Center last fall.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015