D Magazine recently ran an interview with longtime Dallas art dealer Barry Whistler, eliciting a bit of history and a bit of philosophy on the occasion of his 25th year in business. For kicks, writer Peter Simek responds to comments from well known Dallas-art basher John Viramontes and touches off an exchange of nasty comments on competing partisan visions of Dallas Art history, until it degenerates into name-calling. Fun!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015