D Magazine recently ran an interview with longtime Dallas art dealer Barry Whistler, eliciting a bit of history and a bit of philosophy on the occasion of his 25th year in business. For kicks, writer Peter Simek responds to comments from well known Dallas-art basher John Viramontes and touches off an exchange of nasty comments on competing partisan visions of Dallas Art history, until it degenerates into name-calling. Fun!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015