After a bottom job and bilge de-greasing, Shrimp Boat Projects has issued an open call to artists of any discipline to spend a day or two shrimping on Galveston Bay. You get a bunk to sleep in, all the “catch” you can eat, and a chance to propose ideas for a commissioned, site-specific project based on your shrimping experience. The deadline for proposals is June 1 for their summer session, and August 15 for the fall.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015