Untitled, (2009), a broomstick propping up a blank canvas against the wall (or a clever simulacrum of same- with Cattelan you never know!) was on display at the Menil’s big Cattelan show last year. Apparently it has come to stay- the piece was co-gifted by Deedie and Rusty Rose (to the DMA) and Nina and Michael Zilkha (to the Menil), in a first-ever patron sharing (and art sharing) arrangement for either of the two Texas institutions. Too bad it wasn’t the dead horse, though.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015