Knitted public art, sanctioned or unsanctioned, got a shout out in the NY Times Thursday. The piece credits Magda Sayeg, owner of Raye boutique in Houston with the knit-graffiti idea, which, from the first, was an incredible media magnet. Sayeg is now in Austin, knitting big projects for corporations like Etsy!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015