Knitted public art, sanctioned or unsanctioned, got a shout out in the NY Times Thursday. The piece credits Magda Sayeg, owner of Raye boutique in Houston with the knit-graffiti idea, which, from the first, was an incredible media magnet. Sayeg is now in Austin, knitting big projects for corporations like Etsy!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015