The Dallas Museum of Art has won an Association of Art Museum Curators Award for Excellence in the category of “Outstanding Small Exhibition” for The Mourners: Medieval Tomb Sculptures from the Court of Burgundy, curated by the DMA’s Heather MacDonald and Sophie Jugie, the Director of the Musée des Beaux-Arts de Dijon. A set of forty medieval sculptures now on a seven city US tour, their first time out of France. The award was announced yesterday at the AAMC’s annual meeting in New York.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015