The Dallas Museum of Art has won an Association of Art Museum Curators Award for Excellence in the category of “Outstanding Small Exhibition” for The Mourners: Medieval Tomb Sculptures from the Court of Burgundy, curated by the DMA’s Heather MacDonald and Sophie Jugie, the Director of the Musée des Beaux-Arts de Dijon. A set of forty medieval sculptures now on a seven city US tour, their first time out of France. The award was announced yesterday at the AAMC’s annual meeting in New York.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015